Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

New Trailers: The Maze Runner & The Giver

It started with The Hunger Games -- this explosively huge fad of basing films on dystopian YA novels, and now everyone's rushing to capitalize on it. Ender's Game and Divergent have already squeezed in efforts, but neither were/are nowhere near close to finding fame like that of Katniss Everdeen. These two films are next in line to give it a shot:

The Maze Runner: Set to release in September, Dylan O'Brien leads, and at least two already-awesome-in-my-opinion actors also star -- Will Poulter, and Thomas Brodie-Sangster.



The Giver: Set to release in August, Brenton Thwaits is the lead, with two huge names in acting -- Jeff Bridges and Meryl Streep -- supporting, and also Katie Holmes and... Taylor Swift? I kid not.


Both are based on novels of the same name, The Maze Runner is the first part of a trilogy, and The Giver already has a reputation of being a great book, being twenty years old. I admit it; I've been interested in these films (and books) since I heard of their existence, and these trailers only add to that. What can I say? I'm a fan of the genre -- in on the craze.

I also like reading the novel first, so this is what I want to know: are they any good? Has anyone read them, and liked them? Or disliked them? I'd love to hear your opinions. Also, whether you've read the books or not, what do you think of these trailers? In on the craze, or not?

2 comments:

  1. When I was in sixth grade my English class was assigned to read The Giver. I thought it was alright. It wasn't a brilliant book but it had a lot of interesting ideas. I think it could make a really cool movie. The trailer doesn't seem much like what I remember of the book, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like that one would be worth a read, thanks! Hopefully the movie turns out to be good -- it already looks pretty cool to me, even with the very little information the trailer gives away.

      Delete