I was nominated for the Liebster award by KG at KG's Movie Rants! Thanks a bunch!
1. Answer the 11 questions given by the person who nominated you
2. Nominate other bloggers (up to 11) and give them 11 questions to answer.
1. Snack of choice when you go watch a movie?
Popcorn is always a winner. Or chocolate -- but that can get dangerous.
2. What movie title best describes your love life?
I'm torn between Mission: Impossible and Minority Report.
3. What movie do you think should never have been made?
The 2014 Annie. Such a terrible and totally unnecessary movie. But really I should have just not watched it.
4. What movie from your childhood would you love to see remade?
So many of my childhood movies are being remade -- or have been already. It wouldn't exactly be a remake, but The Silver Chair. I liked the BBC version as a kid, and was really excited at the possibility of a new one led by Will Poulter as Eustace, was let down.
5. Do you prefer to see movies alone or with a partner and why?
If a movie is extremely melodramatic or overly serious or a tear-jerker, I find that I can enjoy them better and less self-consciously alone. And I absolutely must watch comedies and silly movies with people because it's much more fun to laugh at things with people. Most of the time I would choose to watch with people.
6. If you could have dinner with any two movie stars (dead or alive) who would they be and why?
Oh boy. Sam Rockwell sprang to mind almost immediately. He's been a favorite actor of mine for a long time, and I'm sure would be a great dinner companion. And I'll say J.J. Abrams for the second, because I dreamed I met him a few nights ago, and afterward realized that if I really met him I'd want to thank him for Super 8 and 10 Cloverfield Lane, and pick his brain about storytelling.
7. Do you put ketchup on your fries or do you pour the ketchup on the side and dip your fries? Pour and dip for maximum control of ketchup quantity.
8. What song is currently on repeat on your playlist?
9. If you could be any movie character, who would you be and why?
Mark Watney, because to (hypothetically) experience what he (fictionally) did would be incredible and life-changing. Hypothetically. And as long as I couldn't mess anything up, because if I could I would die so fast.
10. If you could only watch one movie for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Can I pick The Lord of the Rings and pretend they're one film? If not I'd probably die of indecision and then go with The Princess Bride. Or... or... arg.
11. What movie did you expect to hate but ended up loving?
Well, I didn't end up loving it by any stretch of the imagination, but if you were to look at anything I wrote about it before it came out you would see how incredibly much I expected to hate Batman v Superman. I was right in most of my assumptions, but they didn't cause me to hate the movie. And while I didn't come close to loving it I do think that it's an alright movie that's worthwhile. I can see why people like it, and I saw in it things you can't find in other movies. A movie that I expected to hate when I first saw the trailer but changed my mind about way before it released was The Martian, and I definitely ended up loving that one. But I can't remember ever changing my mind from hate to love during the run of a film.
I'd like to nominate these great blogs: Oh So Geeky, Miss Daydreamer's Place, Dreaming Under the Same Moon, Through Two Blue Eyes, Revealed in Time, J and J Productions, Hamlette's Soliloquy, and A Free Mind.
Here are my questions:
1. Favorite movie genre, and why?
2. Favorite movie that's an adaptation of a book you've read?
3. An actor or actress you're enjoying who you've only recently noticed?
4. A favorite "unexpected surprise" movie?
5. A movie that has a cast catered to you?
6. An obscure movie that you think is great and you wish more people knew about?
7. A movie that has a great soundtrack?
8. A movie that reminds you of summer?
9. A movie you loved as a kid and still love (not because of nostalgia)?
10. Plot device pet peeve?
11. Ending preference for movies, and why?
If you're not interested in doing a post on your own blog to answer them, feel free to answer them in the comments, because now that I've gone through the effort of thinking up the questions, I'm curious to see some answers! Even if I didn't tag you, I'd love to see your answers!